Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Birthday...Again!

Here's the video I have been working on for my dad for his birthday...it was fun talking to him about the "good ole" days...and the "not so good ole" days. Dad had a twin...Janet...They were best friends. She somehow ended up with Polio while he was away serving our country. Uncle Sam sent him home but he arrived too late. He wasn't allowed to return to duty since he was the only child left in the family. Mom passed away the same day Janet did...only 60 years later. He's had quite the life. Love the song. Love the old photos. Love my dad! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Music Eloquence said...

I knew better than to watch that video. Just reading the foreward tears came to my eyes. That was an awesome tribute to your dad. Will you make a video like that for me when I'm old?? I liked how you made the color come out in the last few pictures. BTW where did you find that song? Man, my heart strings are still tangled up.

Samantha and Stephanie said...

well...i've done several for my mom, but she was never able to see any of them because i did them all in honor of her passing. i got to thinking, why wait for my dad...honor him now so he can enjoy it as well! the song i heard on our local country station...just came out in the last couple of weeks. first time i heard it, i knew it was perfect for my dad! jamey johnson is the artist who sings it...his latest album.

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes and made me think of my dad. Sure do miss him.

Tammy Trunkel

Anonymous said...

Tara, that was beautiful, and your words about honoring your dad now so he can enjoy it - that is so so right. Beautiful!

nancy

Anonymous said...

I loved this video. I never knew Grandpa had a twin sister. You do such a great job with these. Perfect song.